[sane-devel] Wired behavior of hp scanjet 6200C

Tobias Lohner tobias at lohner-net.de
Tue Mar 4 14:04:32 UTC 2008

Hi there,

i've some trouble with my HP ScanJet 6200C which is connected via USB
to my PC.

First time i run 'sane-find-scanner' it's output is

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x0201 [HP
ScanJet 6200C]) at libusb:002:003

So i tried to run scanimage without any options (since i've only one
scanner connected)...:

> scanimage
P4
# SANE data follows
2550 3507
scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

Ok, I/O errors are common these days, so i tried again, but it just
said 'scanimage: no SANE devices found'. Running sane-find-scanner
again outputs the following now:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0201) at libusb:002:003

What's gone wrong? I'm running Debian etch with Debian kernel
2.6.18-6-k7 on AMD with an nVidia MCP51 USB host controller.

dmesg says:

ohci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: wakeup
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd sane-find-scann rqt 128 rq
6 len 2 ret -110
usb 2-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd sane-find-scann rqt 128 rq
6 len 2 ret -110

I'm wondering if that error is sane or kernel-driven since
sane-find-scanner seems to find the scanner but doesn't recognise the
driver for it after trying to scan.

Any thoughts?

Tobias

--
Remember, gravity is not just a good idea.
It's the law.