[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 90

Guillaume Gastebois guillaume.gastebois at free.fr
Mon Mar 10 21:03:37 UTC 2008

Hello,

> What about only setting register 0x7f? that one should do something
> without needing to setup reg 0x1a.

Not better I think. Result :
http://ggastebois.free.fr/lide90_snoop/10_test0.tar

> I didn't expect reg[0x1a]=0x24 to work without setting the corresponding
> clock bit masks. What happens if you leave line 1159 commented and set
> regs 0x74-0x7d(my guess: works without changes in behaviour)? Does
> setting regs 0x71-0x73 change anything (line 1159 still commented)?

Result of setting only 0x75 0x76 0x79 0x7c 0x7d (not 0x7f) :
http://ggastebois.free.fr/lide90_snoop/10_test1.tar

Result of setting 0x71 0x72 0x73 0x75 0x76 0x79 0x7c 0x7d (not 0x7f) :
http://ggastebois.free.fr/lide90_snoop/10_test2.tar

> (I have only little understanding of the actual relative timing and use
> of all clock signals going out to the ccd/afe, so i am guessing and
> doing experiments.)
>
> But this seems to be basically working. Please send your changes leading
> to a usable scan, so i can integrate them.
For now, my code is ugly. I only modified lide60 to lide90. But you can
find genesys_gl841.c and genesys_devices.c in
http://ggastebois.free.fr/lide90_snoop/sources

I tryed that (upper threshold to 1500 and lower to 250 and it doesn't
work. You can find the same test as test2 without the same result on :
http://ggastebois.free.fr/lide90_snoop/10_test2b.tar (I just make two
consecutive scanimage without recompiling sane).

One other thing : we can see vertical lines with different contrast on
result images. What is it ?

Regards
Guillaume