[sane-devel] Occasionally it works

Reto Bachmann-Gmür reto at gmuer.ch
Tue Mar 11 20:12:00 UTC 2008

I'm using a scanjet 6200C and I was wondering if getting a new scanner
would improve my scanning experience or if I just have to wait till sane
1.0 (currently using sane 0.994 on gentoo, a while ago I had similar
experiences with ubuntu and debian)

reto at latelap:~$ xsane #no scanner found
reto at latelap:~$ xsane
xsane: hp-option.c:3713: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
&& tl_y  && br_x && br_y' failed.
Aborted
reto at latelap:~$ xsane #the preview window shows up without content
reto at latelap:~$ xsane
xsane: hp-option.c:3567: sanei_hp_optset_scanmode: Assertion `mode' failed.

Aborted
reto at latelap:~$ xsane # no scanner again
reto at latelap:~$ xsane
xsane: hp-option.c:3713: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
&& tl_y  && br_x && br_y' failed.

Aborted
reto at latelap:~$ xsane # great it works!

CHeers,
reto