[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MX700 Sane backend

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Tue Mar 18 20:20:09 UTC 2008

Recent PIXMA all-in-ones, released by Canon, appear to be designed with
a common USB communication protocol, at least for the scanner part.

PIXMA MX850 is most probably also using the same protocol ... but one
can be sure only after giving a try ...

Anyway, if MX850 runs a new communication protocol, the high level
language of those all-in-ones make pixma backend adaptations easy,
simply with a bunch of Windows Snoops.

If MX850 uses same generation 3 protocol as MP610, the scanner part
should work out of the box simply after adding in the backend, the USB
PID (04A9:172C), and declaring the device. This should handle at least
flatbed and ADF scans.

The new part will be the Duplex ADF, but should be simple to tweak with
a set Windows Snoops ...