[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 90

Guillaume Gastebois guillaume.gastebois at free.fr
Thu Mar 20 17:45:14 UTC 2008

Hello,

Pierre Willenbrock a écrit :
> Guillaume Gastebois schrieb:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > You can find attached a patch which works like my original code (with
>  > different contrast and calibration between 2 scans...).
>  >
>  > I removed controversed comments (sorry).
>
> Thanks for the patch. I see that you added DAC_CANONLIDE90 at one place.
>   This is probably needed at others places, too. (especially in
> genesys.c, iirc the way to encode the shading calibration data depends
> on one of the xx_type variables.)

DAC_CANONLIDE90 appears only in genesys_devices.c and genesys_gl841.c.

> Then i see the LiDE 35's GPIO initialization sequence is used. Are you
> willing to play around with the involved bits to find the state
> transitions that don't reset the scanner? This is not strictly
> necessary, as the sequence works. But there may be some subtleties

If i dont add same constraint as lide 35 I get black image output.

> hiding there. Try adding delays between the state transitions when
> testing that, fast switching through the sequence sometimes leads to
> inconsistent results. (By "state" i mean the state of the gpio pins
> configured as output.)

How to do that ????

> For the LiDE 35 i found at least these constraints(i had a small state
> table that showed the allowed transitions, but i can't find it now):
> - GPO17 cannot be switched on when GPIO8 is off
> - GPIO9 cannot be switched off when GPIO8 is off
>
>  > I see in some case that my scanner locks writing : "[genesys]
>  > sanei_genesys_read_register (0x41, 0xf4) completed" and to unlock I have
>  > to push one of the 4 buttons !!!!!! Idea about that ?
>
> The scan is not starting for some reason. I don't know what causes that.
> May be a power issue, depending on correctly setting the gpios or sth
> like that.

The windows snoop may say that but I remember fixing gpio regs with thos
snoop....
Must be investigated but later.

>  > Regards
>  > Guillaume
>
> Regards,
>    Pierre

It remains the bigest problem : calibration. Because I get different
contrast and sometimes vertical contrasted lines (bad shading). To be
continued.

Regards
Guillaume