[sane-devel] HP Photosmart C3180 should be listed as supported

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 16:04:55 UTC 2008

Folks,

Thanks to all the people who have made this package available!

 The list of supported/unsupported devices shows the HP C3180 as
UNSUPPORTED. However, I found that the HP website has a link to
Sourceforge that suggests that the HPLIP driver with a version number
greater than 1.6.6 works. The Sourceforge site has a source Debian
package version 2.8.2 available for download and build. I got it and it
built and installed fine on my Ubuntu 6.06 LTS based system.

My HP Photosmart C3180 is now recognized and works to my satisfaction.
Perhaps the list should be updated...

Regards,
Jay

--