[sane-devel] fujitsu 5120c problem with usb address

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 20:02:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM, tobias alarcon <extobias at gmail.com> wrote:
> nop
>  I will give you more details, so if you can help i will really apreciated
>  When i stop the power cycle of the scanner, everything goes fine for
>  about 15 min
>  then also if i don´t stop to scan pages still works
>  So the problem begin when stop scaning. The usb address change with no reason
>  (i don´t disconnect the cable) and don't have any suspend mode on usb devices.

odd. the behavior you describe sounds like usb suspend problem, or
like some piece of code is calling  usb_reset. i know fedora had a
patch in sane which did this recently.

>  if i call scanimage or my application why the address does not update
>  if both call sane_init() at start?

when exactly does the renumeration happen- when you first use
scanimage after a long wait, or has it already happened. Does
scanimage -L cause the problem, or only actual scans?

>  So if a repeatedly call sane_open() this way the scanner belive is
>  been used for some
>  application? do you thing this could work?

should not be required. lets leave your frontend out of the mix for
now, and just verify that a plain scanimage session will reproduce the
error.

>  pd: also have a fujitsu 4110cu. i thing going to write my first backend lol.

i have a 4110eox2, which uses the mustek ma1509 chipset. what is in the 4110cu?

allan