[sane-devel] SANE2 standard completion

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:55:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

> This would provide a central point (saned) handling the hardware
> entirely, it can chat with other things (HAL, anything over D-Bus, you
> name it) and we totally avoid the current side effects we have today.

Do you mean having some cups for scanner ?

Actually, i wish not, because users don't want another service. HAL can
launch addon per device which allow to launch nothing if no scanner
present.

On the other end, scanner are more and more for professionnal which
heavily use networked scanner, thus, having a protocol (like ipp for
printing might be a good idea). But who will develop this ? How much
years ?

Regards,
Étienne.