[sane-devel] SANE 1.1.0 Release discussion

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed May 7 01:15:36 UTC 2008

Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> writes:

> On Mon, 5 May 2008 13:56:58 -0400
> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2. Consistent well known-options, button handling and papersize come
>> to mind. others?
>
>   when I wrote epson2 i removed the paper size support that was in epson.
>  I believe the paper size is something better suited for a frontend.
>
>  opinions?

Some of the EPSON models support hardware paper size detection.  You'd
want at least an option to toggle whether or not you want to use it.

As for "standard" paper sizes, there are many and sometimes sizes
differ depending on your source.  Suggest using an existing paper size
library if possible.  Debian has libpaper.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                   FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/