[sane-devel] LiDE 25 / 60

David Lochrin dlochrin at d2.net.au
Wed May 7 04:51:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

   I'm trying to decide which current Canon flat-bed scanner to run on SuSE 10.1.  It seems Canon may have rationalised the LiDE 20, 30, & 60 by rebadging the "LiDE 60" as "LiDE 25" with minor mechanical changes, and removed the old models from their range.  I understand all have the same chipset, but the 20 has lower optical resolution.

   The SANE support list shows LiDE 20 & 30 support as "complete" but LiDE 25 & 60 as only "good".  Can anyone say what features are not supported?  I'd be very glad to know before I lash out on one.

   In general, it would be nice if the scanner support table showed such information very briefly for all scanners with a "good" rating.

Regards,
David