[sane-devel] SANE 1.1.0 Release discussion

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu May 8 00:29:09 UTC 2008

Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> writes:

> On Wed, 07 May 2008 11:58:52 +0200
> Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> So you mean an hardware selected option that can be read after the
>> scan ? Sounds good !
>
>  don't know yet. I still have to check epkowa code then Olaf and I could
>  maybe discuss the thing in order to have similar behaviours.

The information is returned as part of the status (see ESC f, FS F).
I was thinking along the lines of a boolean option to let the frontend
say whether the automatically detected paper size should be used to
set the scan area (overriding whatever scan area was set manually).

In case autodetection fails for some reason (like not being supported
for example), I am considering falling back to manual settings, if
any, and the full scan area if all else fails.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                   FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/