[sane-devel] dell1600n_net sane-backend

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Fri May 9 22:14:43 UTC 2008

Hi Matin,

Wow - you are the first person who has ever contacted me about this backend!
I was starting to think I'd dreamed writing it!

You are correct that the default options are hardcoded.  This is in part due
to the fact that the prototype perl driver I initially wrote whilst
experimenting with the protocol
(http://www.jon.demon.co.uk/dell1600n-net-scan/) turned out to receive all
the development requests, and in part that there are actually very few useful
options that can be passed to the scanner.  You'll see from the options
provided by the perl driver that pretty much the only ones that would be
vaguely relevent to a SANE backend would be the default resolution and format
but since those are overridden anyway from the choices made on the scanner
front panel it didn't seem imperative to add that support to SANE.

Happy to consider any suggestions that you have though.

cheers,
Jon