[sane-devel] Snapscan Backend - Mac OSX Tiger don't work

Radulph Kader radulphkader at web.de
Sat May 10 02:33:56 UTC 2008

Dear Mrs. and Mr.,

I¹m trying to configure TWAIN-SANE for Mac OSX Tiger (10.4.11) from Matthias
Ellert on an old G4/500 with an AGFA Snapscan 1212u_2. All the time the
system forget the scanner. And Image Capture don¹t find the scanner. And
when I try to make scanner-sharing ON the fields are empty.

So I took a look in the FAQ vom Mr. Ellert and tested in Terminal the
command ³scanimage². Nothing.

Then I tried to use sudo scanimage ­d test:0 > test.pnm [password]
test.pnm is produced in my home folder but scanner isn't responding.

Mr. Ellert writes in his FAQ in this case it is allowed to send you a
message, because maybe it is a bug.

Could you help me? Please note: I am an absolutely novice with the command
line tool.

Best and many thanks in advance

Radulph Kader