[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3670

Markus Kummer ten at ydobon.net
Mon May 19 09:18:37 UTC 2008

Am Montag, den 05.05.2008, 21:29 +0200 schrieb stef:
> Le Monday 05 May 2008 16:50:36 Markus Kummer, vous avez écrit :
> > It seems that this scanner is still unsupported in sane.
> > The last entry about this scanner is from 2003. That's why I'm worried
> > that nobody works on it.
> > I have shortly begun with Programming in C. I have really no good
> > skills but want to help. Is still somebody working on the
> > genesys-backend for this scanner? Can I help in some form?
> >

> > Markus Kummer
>
> 	Hello,
>
> 	you may search the archive about mails for HP 2400 support. The answer is the
> same. Basically, the process is to record USB logs of the scanner working
> under windows, then process them to extract commands and register settings,
> then modify the genesys_gl646.c code to handle it the same. There is some
> documentation at http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/genesys/index.html . The C code
> involved is not high, all you'll have to do some modification of existing
> code.
> 	There is allready an device description of the 3670c in genesys_devices.c .
> To do a quick test, you can uncomment (remove the '#' at the start of the
> line) the usb id of your scanner in genesys.conf (which is usually located
> at /etc/sane.d), then try to use it from scanimage. It should be detected and
> I expect it to fail during warm-up.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Hello

Thanks for the reply!
I made some USB-logs with USB Snoopy and tried to decode them with the
decode.sh script, but the resulting file is always empty. Is there
something I should do before with the file cause its an windows-file? I
don't believe that I'm using it the wrong way.

./decode.sh USBlog.usblog

The file output is USBlog.usblog.decode but its empty.

Thanks MK