[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue May 20 19:32:27 UTC 2008

Le Monday 19 May 2008 23:33:08 Werner Holtfreter, vous avez écrit :
> Am Montag, 19. Mai 2008 21:04:22 schrieb stef:
> >    could you try to run scanimage with debug logs enabled with the
> > following commands in a shell:
> > export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
> > export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
> > scanimage -d genesys >scan.pnm 2>scan.log
>
> Thank you for the completly commands.
> The tar.gz.file is coming separat.
> Other interested person welcome, please send a e-mail.
>
> >       BTW, is your model really a MD6228 ?
>
> Yes, this is the number on the type label.
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Werner Holtfreter

	Thanks for the data. The bug in start of scan area detection is due to the
fact the plastic used in the casing is darker than the one used to develop
the backend. So detection of a black strip in a white area fails. Top of the
strip is detected OK, but bottom detection fails.
	I will change the detection function to only use the 'top' since only this
value is reliable for MD6228 and MD6471 models.
	Will look into black and white scan modes problems when this bug will be
fixed, since it possibly gives negative offset that would confuse the scanner
like you saw.
	For the backward/forward moves at high resolution, like you allready guessed,
it is a USB bandwidth issue. Scanning head pauses until th PC read all the
data.

Regards,
	Stef