[sane-devel] Support for CanoScan 8400F (GL841)

Greg Wyatt wyatt.greg at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:36:39 UTC 2008

According to the SANE website, the Canon CanoScan 8400F is currently
unsupported but "GL841 based, to be added to genesys backend".  I would
GREATLY appreciate this scanner being supported in Linux (specifically
Ubuntu Hardy).  Does anyone know when this might happen?

Although it appears that all necessary information has been collected about
this scanner, please let me know if there is any way I could help to
accelerate the support of this scanner.  I am not very familiar with C++
programming and I am a recent convert from Windoze, but I offer any
assistance I am capable of providing, as I do own this scanner... hence I
might be able to at least answer device questions.

Best Regards,
--Greg