[sane-devel] Sane Release 1.1.0 ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Nov 3 10:04:09 UTC 2008

stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

Hi,

> 	Whenever a frontend built against SANE 1.0 receive one of the new status, it
> shows the error properly. Like SANE_STATUS_COVER_OPEN, JAMMED or NO_DOCS, in
> case of SANE_STATUS_WARMING_UP user has to correct the error condition (in
> this case just by waiting) before starting a new scan. When the error
> condition is fixed (scanner is warm enough), the scan goes normally.

I am worried this can break automated frontends in a semi-random way
as it's possible with some hardware to get back a "warming up" status
in a middle of a run.

Although the frontends can be fixed pretty easily, it violates the
principle of least surprise, and it's kind of a problem.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169