[sane-devel] High Volume document scanning !!

Rod De Beer REDeBeer at dla.gov.za
Mon Nov 3 09:44:13 UTC 2008

hi Allan

Thanks so much for your reply !!!!!

A little more info -:

i am going with the idea of dropping the  windows based scanning system loading Linux
on my severs and workstations and looking for a linux based high volume scan interface
where i can save the documents as multipage PDF and slot them as blob in the database
with the METADATA using Mysql as the DB and i develop my system around that ????

My scanners requirements are page size upto and including A3 black and White
200dpi multipage PDF (imbedded metadata) and volumes as mentioned below,
At the moment i am leasing about 200 Canon dr9080c 's. YES !! the Fijisu does
look like a strong option to go for outright purchase.

many thanks for your help so far
and awaiting your speedy response in this regard

Rod

>>> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> 2008/10/31 01:46 PM >>>

2008/10/31 Rod De Beer <REDeBeer at dla.gov.za>:
> Hi there !!
>
> My name is Rod De Beer and i would like to know if there is a document
> scanning frontend
> for high volume document scan/store/retrieve approx 5000 pages per scanner
> per day x 20
> scanners?

Most any command line frontend could handle the speed, eikazo probably
could too. The big question is where/how do you want them stored. For
that, you might need something custom written.

> and which production document scanners are picked up by SANE?
>
> please help !!!! i want to completely move away from windows !!!!!

The second question is easier. Sane already contains a backend for the
big fujitsu machines (fi-5900, etc), they are well supported. I also
have two alpha backends for big Kodak and big Canon machines, but
those are pretty rough yet.

Do you already own scanners?

allan