[sane-devel] Can't seem to find config files

Jack McGill jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 21:30:20 UTC 2008

Hello Igor,
Take a look at these pages:
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/mustek-bearpaw-2448-cu-pro.html
and http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/mustek_usb2-backend/

It looks like this page could possibly be added to the mustek_usb2
backend. This backend supports the BearPaw 2448 TA Pro, which is
reported to be similar to the 2448 CU Pro.

Browsing through the backend source code, it looks like in the file
mustek_usb2_asic.c at about line 3521, there are entries for the product
ID and Vendor ID's. and in the file mustek_usb2.c, line 124 there are
some settings for the scanner.

So, you might want to try changing line 146 of mustek_usb2.c from
SANE_FALSE to SANE_TRUE (is this a CIS scanner?) and change line 3521 of
mustek_usb2_asic.c from 0x0409 to 0x0408 and ./configure, make, make
install at the command line.

I have to warn you that I am not a programmer and I am new to SANE, so
don't blame me if it doesn't work ;-).
--
Jack McGill <jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com>