[sane-devel] Sane Release 1.1.0 ?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:38:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Julien BLACHE <jb at jblache.org> wrote:
> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Sanity is not the problem. The extreme need to make a release, coupled
>> with limited developer resources is the problem. Lets bump the version
>> everywhere to 2.
>
> Sanity and consistency of the API and its behaviour is the problem.

we are making only modest changes to the API. It's behaviour is MORE
consistent with the current code than with your suggestion.

> And I just can't believe you're pushing a release because "we need to
> release" and breaking things along the way.

This is YOUR opinion. I think adding additional statuses to
SANE_Status is perfect, and protecting them with version bump follows
the standard to the letter.

> I don't think doing the status thing the right way needs a lot of
> resources given there are only 2 or 3 backends that use that.

Bah- you have to add your sane_status() call to all backends. I don't
think it makes sense to touch them.

allan