[sane-devel] Sane Release 1.1.0 ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Nov 6 18:02:12 UTC 2008

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> but- as you have said several times in this thread, what about
> frontends that link to the backend, bypassing dll? They might get a
> frame-type they have never heard of, all while the backend says it
> follows major version 1, which the standard says will never happen.

I think we discussed that and the consensus was that if the frontend
is well written it shouldn't be an issue.

Is there actually a backend that feeds a new frame type to the
frontend without the frontend asking for it?

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169