[sane-devel] HP ScanJet G3010 vertical stripe

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:16:25 UTC 2008

Hello Maciej,

> I've recently purchased HP ScanJet G3010. I did few scans, and I've
> noticed an artifact: part of the image is brighter than the rest, with
> a vertical border. Here are three examples:
>
> http://automaciej.rootnode.net/test-0001-1024px.png
> http://automaciej.rootnode.net/test-0002-1024px.png
> http://automaciej.rootnode.net/test-0003-1024px.png
>
> It's not possible to avoid the stripe by moving the photo to the left
> or to the right, because the stripe moves with it. Some photos get
> scanned with no stripe. Others get a stripe every single time.

The main problem is that calibration process is disabled in hp3900 backend and
it's using an emulation to correct image on the fly which seems to be poor
for desired quality. It seems that in some scanner models image looks better
than in yours. I'm working to support native calibration during several
months (offset/gain and dark/white shading) and I'm getting good results but
there are still some vertical stripes on the right side of image so I won't
update backend yet. May be you want to test my current sources (compiling a
standalone application). If so, let me know.

Jonathan Bravo Lopez