[sane-devel] fujitsu FI-5220C Flatbed scan hangs after a few scans

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:19:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Markus Haberkorn
<Markus_Haberkorn at genua.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'am using a Fujitsu FI-5220C scanner with backend
> version 1.0.19. The scanner works fine with the adf unit.
> But I have problems to scan several sheets with the faltbed unit.
> A few times it works without any problem. But with no reason for me
> an error occurs and no side is scanned anymore, until i unplug and
> replug the USB connector. Afterward the flatbed unit works fine for
> a few sheets.
>
> Details
> - Fujitsu FI-5220C
> - backend fujitsu version 1.0.19 as backport
> - debian etch
>
> markus at brodelbrueh 1008 > /usr/bin/scanadf -y 291.364 --mode Gray --resolution 150 --source Flatbed -e 1 -s 1 -o tmp/brodelbrueh.pnm
> scanadf: rounded value of br-y from 291.364 to 291.364
> scanadf: sane_start: Invalid argument
> Invalid argument
> Scanned 0 pages
> markus at brodelbrueh 1009 >

I've not seen this behavior before, but I've never actually used a
fujitsu with combined flatbed :) A couple of suggestions:

1. does this happen with scanimage instead of scanadf?
2. does the machine go to sleep in the interim?
3. can you compile sane cvs from source and try that?

allan