[sane-devel] Migrate from CVS to SVN or DVCS?

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Oct 22 23:39:02 UTC 2008

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> writes:

> we should use a service that alioth provides, and preferably one with
> broad multi-platform support.

ACK.  I'd also appreciate it if it can be used over HTTP(S).  Sitting
behind a corporate firewall is no fun with CVS.

So, any of subversion, bazaar and git would be an improvent for me.
Others might be as well but I have no experience with them (and don't
fancy learning the ropes of yet another VCS right now).

That said, IIRC, there are a number of SANE site maintenance scripts
that assume/depend on CVS.  These would have to be ported to whatever
VCS SANE would change to.  Anyone has a list of these?  Are there any
takers for porting?

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962