[sane-devel] About the hardware lsit

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Mon Oct 27 07:35:43 UTC 2008

In fact, a first level of information around this is provided in Sane
documentation, in file sane-backends.html

But, unless I'm wrong, there's no easy way to access this CVS file from
the web, one can only read it after downloading Sane CVS, and it's
hidden in a doc sub-directory, where no-one would go intuitively.

The same table in Sane 1.0.19, accessible from the web, is now really
outdated for certain backends (like pixma), and probably gives now a
mis-information rather than an information.

So my proposal would be:
- have a link to the CVS sane-backends.html file from the CVS Alioth
site or the sane-project site,
- each one who updates a backend, to update also the corresponding
backend.desc file, to keep this sane-backends.html information file in
sync.

Nicolas