[sane-devel] HP 2400c - genesys - failure/success

Tof tof at styx.be
Thu Sep 4 16:34:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

[genesys] WARNING: Your scanner is not fully supported or at least
[genesys]          had only limited testing. Please be careful and
[genesys]          report any failure/success to
[genesys]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as
many
[genesys]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
[genesys]          scanner and what does (not) work.

..So, I uncommented the device in the genesys.conf file, it allowed the
scanner to be recognized (can be tested via the scanimage -L command (it
was already recognized by sane-find-scanner)).

When trying to scan any image, I'm getting a half black, half white,
vertically splitted image, which is nice at first but not quite what I
expected :)

It would have been a good start, if genesys backend's development wasn't
stopped :(

fox