[sane-devel] New backend for a not yet exisiting device

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:46:46 UTC 2008

I think you would want to stick with lower level (stupid) machines
that have chips from a third party which gives away documentation on
their website. Something like rts* gt*, genesys backends should be
useful. If you sensor sled is going to weigh more than the original,
or if you use a different motor, you will probably want to use a
scanner that gets its motor acceleration tables from the driver
(genesys?)

allan