[sane-devel] HP 2400c - genesys - failure/success

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sat Sep 20 12:04:42 UTC 2008

Le Friday 19 September 2008 19:56:54 Tof, vous avez écrit :
> Stef,
>
> I'm *really* happy to hear that somebody is still working on hp2400-like
> support :)
>
> As proposed as well by Robert Morton, if you need to test your work,
> don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be glad to help :)
>
> Thanks for your efforts
>
> fox
>
> P.S : I hope this thing adds itself to the existing thread, but if it
> doesn't... well...you can all blame me :)

	Hello,

	if you have some time and the possibility of messing your ms-windows
settings, it would be interesting to try the G2410 software but with your
HP2400. These scanners share the same USB id, but it seems they may have
slightly different internals. The G2410 software starts by reading the slope
tables, may be to recognize the exact model is connected.
	So having an USB log recording what happens when you plug the HP2400 scanner
should be instructive.

Regards,
	Stef