[sane-devel] iptables and saned network scanner

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Sep 24 08:43:13 UTC 2008

Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl> wrote:

> I changed my kernel to a stock debian lenny kernel that support the
> conntrack sane modules.
> I updated my firewall configuration, but I still got the message the
> ports are being blocked. I included more information as the mail attachment.

I think you need a rule to explicitely allow incoming related
connections. But my iptables-fu is very rusty :)

I don't know what you're trying to do (outside access to your NATed
saned server?) but you may want to consider a VPN of some sort instead

Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169