[sane-devel] iptables and saned network scanner

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Sep 24 09:13:26 UTC 2008

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I started the debug command to check things and now everything was
>> working. I have no idea what is wrong here... I guess it is something in
>> xinetd and the saned connecting but how could one debug such thing?
>
> Disable all the backends you don't need in dll.conf and try
> again. Might be a backend bug biting you (epson2, fd 0, yada yada).
>
> Looks like you're using Ubuntu, and your packages may not have the fix
> for this particular issue.
>
> JB.

Hi Julien,

Ok, I flushed out the dll.conf file and only added the net and hpaio lines.

cat /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
    net
    hpaio

When running saned in debug mount everything works fine from the client
side. But when i used the xinetd system the client can't find the
scanner. All messages are the same as before (see the attachment)

/etc/init.d/xinetd stop
sudo -u saned SANE_DEBUG_HP=128 saned -d128
^-> this seems to work fine

/etc/init.d/xinetd start
^-> this does not work, but connects and accepts connections...

Any help is appreciated,

Best regards,

Jelle