[sane-devel] Xerox Documate 510 Backend

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Apr 8 08:53:25 UTC 2009

Rene Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:

Hi,

> I do not know of any bug that needs fixing. Using a proper non-Debian

You must be kidding. What about the various versions of the HP 7400
that stopped working after 1.0.18, for a start? I've got an
ADF-related bug on the HP 8250 if you'd like, too.

> site would also stimulate actually using a bug tracking system, same

There's an issue tracker on Alioth; if it's not good enough for you,
you're free to set something else up but you'll have to maintain it.

> goes for CVS (which is not only a pain to use but also mis-merged
> a chunk which causes bugs in the last major release).

We'll migrate to git immediately after the 1.0.20 release.

If you want SANE to move away from Alioth, fine. But you'll have to
offer something better, and take care of it before, during and long
after the migration.

When the previous hosting failed, Alioth was the better choice we
had. Pretty much the only alternative was SourceDogFuckingSlowForge,
and I don't think you would have liked that better.

There were some problems and failures in the beginning (largely not
Alioth's admins fault, that was bad ia64 hardware we were given), but
Alioth has performed very well for the past several years.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169