[sane-devel] epson2 Epson v700 scanning at bit rate > 8 corrupts images

Oleg Perelet perelet at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 18:07:41 UTC 2009

It was endian problem between FE's (both scanimage and twain) and epson2 which shows up on PPC Mac in my case (not x86). 16bit pnm was also byte swapped.

(BTW scanimage -d test works just fine on PPC:)

For my own I flipped !defined(WORDS_BIGENDIAN) in scanimage.c to fix pnm and forced motorola=0 in stiff.c to fix tiff's.

Whoever maintains it may make nicer fix in configuration utility.

Also, I have couple more small patches for - one for high resolution dpi and another bug in lamp warm up that are specific for v700 epson2.c - who can take them? I do not use cvs, just sane user.

Thanks!
Oleg.