[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 4400c: A Friendly Reminder

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Aug 2 13:24:53 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 30 juillet 2009 02:54:02 Mike B., vous avez écrit :
> Hi Philipp,
>
> Yep, the bug seems similar to what I've experienced. The 600dpi also works
> but 1200 gives only half a page :(.
>
> Anyway, I can now scan documents and produce reasonable b/w scans, so
> that's OK. Hopefully SANE supports for the Scanjet 4400c will improve soon.
>
> Thanks for your help in installing the recent SANE sources for debian.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike.
>

> --- On Wed, 7/29/09, Philipp Sadleder <philipp at sadleder.de> wrote:

	Hello,

	I'm back from holidays.

	Does 150 dpi scan always fail, even after doing  a preview ?

	For the problem you have at 1200 dpi, what do you mean by second half is
black ? Height or width ? Does it work if you scan a small area (ie at least
smaller than half of the scan area) ?

	In order to fix the problems you have, I need rts8891 backend debug logs. You
can generate by running scanimage like this in a command shell:
export SANE_DEBUG_RTS8891=255
export SANE_DEBUG_RTS8891_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_RTS88XX_LIB=255
scanimage -d -r 150 rts8891 2>rts8891-150dpi.log >rts8891-150dpi.pnm

	for 1200 dpi, in order to minimize log, add -h option:
scanimage -d -r 1200 -h 10 rts8891 2>rts8891-1200dpi.log >rts8891-1200dpi.pnm

	It would be great if you could do the tests with latest source code. Then
send the log files compressed to the list or directly to me if the mail
is too big.

	I can't tell for sure now since I don't have the logs, but fixing these
problems will surely involve recording USB activity of your scanner when doing
the same scans under windows with the driver provided by HP.

Regards,
	Stef