[sane-devel] Sane Permissions libusb and libsane.rules

Tom Lynn tom at tomlynn.com
Wed Aug 26 05:35:38 UTC 2009

I am running sane as root without issue.  Cannot access it from other
users.  I have an Epson Perfection 640U scanner attached.

I've read the readme file and followed the directions.  I copied the
libsane.rules file to /etc/udev/rules.d with the name 60-libsane.rules.  I
have a scanner group which contains my users.  The rules file has the same
file permissions as the others in /etc/udev/rules.d.

My system is centos 5.3.  I am running libusb 0.1.12-5.1.i386

I'm wondering if there is something else that is obvious that I may have
missed.