[sane-devel] ExactImage Help?

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Sun Aug 30 14:22:30 UTC 2009

Hello from Chicago,

I am trying to install exactimage on an Ubuntu machine:

$ uname -a
Linux activesideofinfinity 2.6.28-3-rt #12-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT RT Fri Apr 17 10:09:11 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I was wondering if someone could advise me as I seem to be going round and round on dependency issues.  When I run ./configure it says I need evas.  When I try to install evas I get:

checking for EINA... configure: error: Package requirements (eina-0) were not met:

No package 'eina-0' found

I then proceed to install e17 by installing all the packages that it requires and running the easy_e17.sh.  However, then it craps out with:

checking for EDBUS... configure: error: Package requirements (
  dbus-1 >= 0.62
  ecore >= 0.9.9
) were not met:

No package 'dbus-1' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EDBUS_CFLAGS
and EDBUS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I went to the synaptic installer and installed every package that has dbus in it's name. Still no luck. I then tried to install e_dbus and get this:

checking for EINA... configure: error: Package requirements (eina-0) were not met:

No package 'eina-0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EINA_CFLAGS
and EINA_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I have been going round and round for a couple days now and could really use some help.  If anyone can help me I along with my wife and kids would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Richard