[sane-devel] Can you recommend a scanner for normal use?

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Thu Dec 3 15:25:49 UTC 2009

Hello list.

I've used a friends Epson Perfection 2450 scanner with sane with good
results. Unfortunately the scanner has broken down and I'm looking for a
new one.
The 2450 is not in the market any longer so a new model must be chosen.
The 4990 would be nice but I can't find it at my dealer. The 4490 can be
found but it's not supported!

I can see that the Epson Perfection V700 Photo and Epson Perfection V750
Photo has good support. Is it described somewhere what's not working?

How about the Epson Perfection V500 Photo and Epson Perfection V600 Photo?

Any feedback welcome. Thank you :-)

/Leslie