[sane-devel] Fwd: "sane_read: Device busy" with Canon PIXMA MX310 and sane 1.0.20-4ubuntu3

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Thu Dec 3 23:02:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Nicolas Martin <nicolas0martin at gmail.com>wrote:

> > Nicolas,  I'm curious why you didn't recommend the following instead:
> >
> > make distclean
> > ./configure --enable-pthread
> >

> Yes Chris, you are right, I did not mention that, this adds the correct
> -lpthread option to the link statement, and should solve the problem
> hereunder.
>
> However, the
>
> export CFLAGS="-DUSE_PTHREAD"
>
> statement is necessary for me, before running the ./configure ... ,
> otherwise, it will compile with the forked option, as the USE_PTHREAD
> flag stays unset.

So your saying that, for you, running "make distclean; ./configure
--enable-pthread; make" doesn't correctly have USE_PTHREAD defined?

If so, do you mind emailing me your config.log and include/src/config.h?
I'll see what I can do to get it working.

It works for me... a quick code review shows snapscan-usb.c a little
suspicious because its not including ../include/sane/config.h but is
checking for USE_PTHREAD.  I didn't follow its include chain very closely
though since we are talking about pixma.

Thanks,
Chris