[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Dec 7 20:24:27 UTC 2009

Le lundi 7 décembre 2009 19:30:15 Chris Berry, vous avez écrit :
> Ok I have managed to use SniffUSB to extract some data during the
> calibration and preview stages, there is too much to post here but im
> not sure how to interpret it. I have tried usb-robot but am struggling
> to get it working (it tells me there is a problem finding libusb header
> which is installed?). Any advice of where to go from here would be great :)
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

 	Hello,

	once you have the usb log, you can parse it with the appended scripts (from
Pierre Willenbrock). You can then compare the processed output with the debug
output of scanimage ran with full debug.
	A starting point is to add the USB ids in genesys.conf.in, then add a model
description in genesys_devices.c . Cloning the Lide 35 entry seems to be a
sensible start. Then you'll have to set the flags to the same values than the
HP2400 entry so that the backend doesn't try to do calibration and does an
uncalibrated scan. With a script like the attached 'run-genesys' (to be put in
backend subdir) you can try the code you have just compiled without installing
it system-wide

Regards,
	Stef