[sane-devel] viceo port for sane 1.0.20

Thomas E. Horner office at t-horner.com
Sat Dec 19 09:52:57 UTC 2009

hi all,
hi allan!

@allan:
thanks for you answer. maybe i did not make this clear enough:

@all:
the interest to port the code to 1.0.20 mainly comes from my wish to
get my personal scanner to work under ubuntu linux, and at first not
to add it to the standard sane code.

i have to admit that about the two copyright notices of logitech and
microsoft that are *in*header*files*only* i do not care too much as i
guess they won't sue me because of two header files that i personally
use.

sadly i also have to admit that although of cause i'd like to write a
new and perfectly working e3/e4 driver from scratch this is out of
scope from not exactly technical but especially timely constraint.

i'd like to bugfix the driver to work with my scanner.
it would be very nice if i could get a little assistence here, e.g.
i'd like to learn about the correct way to debug the sane (+ viceo)
libs.

br,
    thomas