[sane-devel] Plustek OpticSlim 2400 problem

Eggert Ehmke (FTV) eggert.ehmke at ftv-spandau.de
Mon Dec 21 10:53:33 UTC 2009

Hello Stef, (see below)

On Montag 21 Dezember 2009, you wrote:
> Le dimanche 20 décembre 2009 22:59:37 Eggert Ehmke (FTV), vous avez écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I try to install a Plustek OpticSlim 2400+ scanner at a ADM64 Gentoo
> > Linux system.
> >
> > $ scanimage -L
> > device `gt68xx:libusb:001:007' is a Plustek OpticSlim 2400 flatbed
> > scanner However,
> > $ sane-find-scanner -q
> > found USB scanner (vendor=0x07b3, product=0x0454 [Genius CP-Slim 1200],
> > chip=GT-6816) at libusb:001:007
> > When I scan some images using xsane or via scanimage, the result is a
> >  random gray pixel image. These are the outputs of the command:
> >
> > $ scanimage -v --device-name gt68xx:libusb:001:007 --resolution 300
> >  --format tiff > image.tiff
> > [gt68xx] WARNING: You have manually added the ids of your scanner
> > [gt68xx]          to gt68xx.conf. Please use an appropriate override
> > [gt68xx]          for your scanner. Use extreme care and switch off
> > [gt68xx]          the scanner immediately if you hear unusual noise.
> > [gt68xx]          Please report any success to
> > [gt68xx]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as
> >  many [gt68xx]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
> >  [gt68xx]          scanner, ids, settings etc.
> > [gt68xx] gt68xx_afe_cis_auto: setting exposure reached limit
> > scanimage: scanning image of size 2563x3531 pixels at 8 bits/pixel
> > scanimage: acquiring gray frame
> > scanimage: min/max graylevel value = 6/255
> > scanimage: read 9049953 bytes in total
> >
> > What may be wrong?
> > Regards
> > Eggert
>
> 	Hello,
>
> 	what values did you provide in gt68xx.conf ? In a recent success report by
> Jarosław Arlet (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2009-
> November/025607.html) was using:
>
> usb 0x07b3 0x0454
> vendor "Plustek"
> model "OpticSlim 2400+"
> firmware "/usr/share/sane/gt68xx/cis3R5B1.fw"
> override "plustek-opticslim-2400"
>
> 	What you see might be due to overriding with an inappropriate model.

Indeed, the model and the firmware line were missing. Whats more, all other
usb lines were  still active. Now I commented them out so only the plustek
2400+ data are active in the file. However, this did not change the result.
Now I get a random color pixel image when I scan via xsane and select full
color.

Regards
Eggert