[sane-devel] support for genesys gl841 based scanners i.e. Canon Lide 80

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Dec 23 07:05:59 UTC 2009

Le mardi 22 décembre 2009 22:56:31 Frank Koss, vous avez écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> i do own a Canon Lide 80 scanner.
> Because this model is currently unsupported (and surely all GL841 based
> ones) I thought about start developing by myself.
>
> But before I'll try to get started with developing (it will be my first
> devel-project), I have to ask what's the matter that this USB chip is
> still unsupported?
> Is it so difficult to get sane running with this chip? Or wasn't it
> developed, yet because of low demand?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Frank

	Hello,

	for your scanner this thread might be of interest:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-February/020959.html
	It shows what will be some of the hurdle you may encounter. Overall, I don't
think it is that hard. When you have the hardware, succeeding is mostly a
matter of time.

Regards,
	Stef