[sane-devel] Lexmark x2670 combo printer scanner LFS and sane

jon q public public at pitchblende.org
Mon Dec 28 22:16:54 UTC 2009

hello all,

I am still using a "Linux From Scratch" based setup and it was not fun
getting sane to notice/
work with the supplied libs. Lexmark supplies a sane 1-18 based
"backend" but even after
doing the official install (hard in itself because you have to
"workaround" its "detection" of
the installed CUPS version and you can not have either rpm or
deb-install present). THAT SAID
when it finally adds the libs you have to edit dll.conf in order for
them to be seen. This is not a
/big deal/ but what was a problem was having the scanner be seen as a
"2600 series" ONLY if I was in /etc/sane.d at the time of running
scanimage -L. If I cd'ed to another place it suddenly became an X1100
scanner which is a totally incompatible backend. I finally got around
this by
clearing the old ~/.sane and running xsane from /etc/sane.d. I then
saved the configuration to the new .sane. I did this for all accounts
and it finally picks up the scanner
with no problems! Just a heads up I guess.

John