[sane-devel] HP Scanjet G 2710

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:34:51 UTC 2009

I dont use SUSE, but I can make some educated guesses about their system:

1. install the libusb-devel package from suse. I assume yast can do this?

2. as root, remove parts of existing sane

rm -rf /usr/lib/sane
rm -f /usr/lib/libsane*
rm -rf /etc/sane.d

3. as non-root: download sane backends snapshot from:

http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/

4. tar xzf sane-backends-VERSION.tar.gz (replace VERSION with that of
the file you downloaded)

5. cd sane-backends

6. ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-locking

7. make

8. as root, in the same directory: make install

9. Then run 'scanimage -L' as root with the scanner plugged in and turned
on, and lets see if it shows up.

allan