[sane-devel] MP 810

Nicolas Martin nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sun Jan 4 13:34:44 UTC 2009

Probably not related, the MP710 is handled in another part of the
backend, (pixma_mp730.c), whose core code has been untouched for a long
time.

If it works with older standalone backend, but not with CVS, I suspect
rather a USB issue (the standalone driver was using its own USB lib).
To start investigating what's going on, install Sane CVS (be careful to
respect you Linux distribution directories when running the ./configure
statement), and get a trace log like this:

$ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21
$ scanimage -L  2> /tmp/logfile

send back the file /tmp/logfile you get.

Nicolas