[sane-devel] MP 810

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:33:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Nicolas Martin
<nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr> wrote:
> Probably not related, the MP710 is handled in another part of the
> backend, (pixma_mp730.c), whose core code has been untouched for a long
> time.
>
> If it works with older standalone backend, but not with CVS, I suspect
> rather a USB issue (the standalone driver was using its own USB lib).
> To start investigating what's going on, install Sane CVS (be careful to
> respect you Linux distribution directories when running the ./configure
> statement), and get a trace log like this:
>
> $ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
> $ export SANE_DEBUG=255
> $ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21
> $ scanimage -L  2> /tmp/logfile
>
> send back the file /tmp/logfile you get.

Hello Nicholas,

I've done as you instructed. Output is as follows:

gernot at hase:~$ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
gernot at hase:~$ export SANE_DEBUG=255
gernot at hase:~$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21
gernot at hase:~$ scanimage -L  2> /tmp/logfile
device `pixma:04A9264D_000000008D75' is a CANON Canon MultiPASS MP710
multi-function peripheral
gernot at hase:~$

I'm forwarding the logfile to you in a personal mail.

Regards, Gernot