[sane-devel] Scanning for fax - resolution problem

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Thu Jan 8 13:18:59 UTC 2009

Il giorno gio, 08/01/2009 alle 14.27 +0200, Frank Millman ha scritto:
> Hi all
[...]
>     scanimage --mode Gray --resolution 200 --format tiff -x 215 -y 297 |
> sendfax -n -m -d 1234567

Is your fax really able to transmit grey images? I suggest you to scan
in black and white and/or to increase dpi. (Increased dpi will probably
help when hylafax will convert your image to black and white.)

I would also remove option "-m" and add "-G" to your sendfax command.
This will send the 300dpi version if your modem and the receiver are
recent hardware.

Bye,
Giuseppe