[sane-devel] buttons-daemon for SANE genesys scanner

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Fri Jan 16 22:41:36 UTC 2009

Dhi Aurrahman schrieb:
> Dear All!
>
> I have CanonScan LiDE 50 with me (working well with SANE genesys backend),
> but I need to have a buttons-daemon for it.
> Anyone could help me how to do it? I think the first step is to snoop the
> USB message sent by the button when it is pressed.
> If you have experience on developing button daemon, please share it with me.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Dio,

the code needed for button support is now available in the genesys
backend from sane-backends cvs. If you did not already find it, there is
sanebuttonsd in experimental cvs(in button-daemon/). It works great if
you reduce the sleep at the end of the mainloop to 100ms
(f.e. usleep(100000)).

This is for Canon LiDE 35/40/50 only, so if anyone with a Canon LiDE 60
wants his scanners buttons to work, he needs to add the flags for the
buttons to the corresponding model struct and try if that works.

Regards,
  Pierre