[sane-devel] GPL driver for Samsung SCX-4200 MFP

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 19:58:24 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a (non-SANE) driver for network scanning using Dell 1600n, 1815dn,
Ricoh FX200, Xerox Phaser 6110 and Samsung CLX-2160N MFP, see
http://www.jon.demon.co.uk/dell1600n-net-scan/

I originally wrote the Dell 1600n part prior to writing a SANE backend (which
I then did: dell1600n_net) but the other bits got added on with the help of
other people and I didn't have the time to add to the SANE driver (or the
hardware with which to test).

I can confirm that the network scanning protocols for these machines are very
similar, although not identical.

Very happy to take a look at an ethereal capture from your model to see how it
compares.

cheers,
Jon