[sane-devel] Brother has already provided source code for brother scanner backends, should they go to sane-backends?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Sat Jul 4 08:48:16 UTC 2009

Mark Farnell <mark.farnell at gmail.com> wrote:

> So should sane talk to Brother about the requirements for a genuine
> GPL license and ask them to release all the source code?  We should
> tell them the we need GPL + SANE exception.

The code would probably need a rewrite anyway before we can add it to
sane-backends, so... that may not be worth it.

I doubt you could get all the code, anyway.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169