[sane-devel] impossible to use my scanner benq 5000 on ubuntu 9.04

SOGETCI SARL sogetci at aviso.ci
Sat Jul 11 11:47:18 UTC 2009

Hello,
that made several days that I try to scan from  with my scanner BENQ
5000 with usb port without success. I use ubuntu 9.04 on a laptop
Toshiba Satellite A30. At the beginning, the scanner was not recognized,
but I followed the documentation indicated by this link
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/scanner_acer_benq and to install my scanner
with the firmware 20F8V119.bin found on CD delivered with the scanner.
Now the scanner is recognized, but when I go in Applications -----
Graphique -----Programe m… XSane and click on the button " Acquisition
de l' aperçu" , the scanner starts but sudden all thinks disappears on
screen during a moment and reappears but without the window of xsane and
there are no image. When I try with the terminal "xsane" it is the same
thing which occurs but with this message " Signal #1 défini par l'
usager". I followed others tutos and installed the package scanbuttond
but it still does not go. I thus need helps, thank you.